The National Union of Workers is a large and diverse general Union with members in almost all industries.
We have around 90,000 members and employ approximately 140 staff across all our offices. We represent workers under 160 Federal Awards and various State Awards as well as numerous enterprise agreements.
The main concentrations of NUW membership can be found in the following areas:
- warehousing and distribution
- food manufacture
- defence logistics
- rubber, plastic and cable-making
- cold storage
- poultry, fish and game processing
- skin & hide
- pet food
- pharmaceutical manufacture
- market research, merchandising and sales representatives
and all casuals and part-time workers in those industries.
The NUW is registered under the Australian and State Industrial Relations Acts and therefore has a legal right to represent its members. Our registered rules and objectives govern our responsibilities.