NUW delegates from Victorian sites have recorded this video report back after meeting with managment today, Thursday 25 May. You can download an updated Q&A here and the clarifications made to claims, regarding redundancies in light of Murray Goulburn's announcment to close three sites, are below.
- That redundant employees receive a wage increase backdated to 1 July 2017 and Edith Creek workers receive the Victorian package.
- That the site closures be delayed to investigate options to keep production in the local communities. Where MG decides to abandon the community completely they will not prevent other manufacturers offering employment onsite and giving the town a future.
- In relation to redeployment:
- Volunteers be offered the training required to meet potential job vacancies
- That near cost neutral redundancies be offered at all sites to allow volunteers more opportunity to transfer; and
- There be a cooling off period with all transfers.