Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 29/07/2019 - 17:10
The NUW stands in solidarity with MUA wharfies currently in dispute with the multi-national container terminal operator DP World.
MUA members are fighting to:
- Protect 200 wharfies from forced redundancies
- Prevent the outsourcing of work to non-union companies
- Protect good union jobs from automation
- Ensure workers and their families have income protection
- Introduce family violence leave protections into the agreement
The attack on wharfies resonates across industries, reflecting issues affecting many NUW members also. We know we are strongest when we stand together.
Solidarity comrades, all strength to your arm.
Maritime Union of Australia - MUA
Maritime Union of Australia - Victoria Branch
Maritime Union of Australia - QLD Branch
MUA Geelong Branch